Friday, September 9, 2016

Bee Beautiful Mini Book W/ Video Tutorials

I am in a mini book phase, they are so fun to make and just a chance to try fun techniques and get my hands all paint covered!!!


My inspiration for this mini book was bees, I kept seeing a bee/bug and I thought Bee Beautiful, would be wonderful for a title and then I went with the theme of yellow and black.  From there it just took on a life of its own.  I used a ton of Tattered Angels paints and mists along with some various mediums with stencils from The Crafter's Workshop.  I then added in some fun background stamps from Paper Wings Productions to help enhance the feel of the book.  

 
Here is the first video which is filled with the cutting of the pages, mists, painting, stenciling, stamping, and a fun technique with the EZ Steam II material and glitter, embossing powder, and flower soft to add a great dimension and texture to the page.
From here I added in a few pictures of my little girl form this year, not many just there is room for more as the year goes along.  I also added in some fun bling, brads, and other little gems from Eyelet Outlet to enhance the entire effect.  I did not want to cover the pages up too much, I love the effect I got from all the mists, stamps, and stencils.
Here are some close up shots of some of the pages.


Supplies Used
Raw Fabric/Paper Materials - Rebekah Meier Kit
Lace & Pearls -  Rebekah Meier Kit
Paints/Mists - Tattered Angels
Mediums  - Prima & Faber-Castell & Ranger
Stencils - TCW
Thread - Coats & Clarke
Sequins
Beads - Crafts Etc
Washi Tape - Eyelet Outlet
Brads - Eyelet Outlet
Gem/Bling - Eyelet Outlet
Flowers - Eyelet Outlet
Chipboard - Creative Embellishments
Dies  - Spellbinders - Heartfelt Creations
Embossing Powder - Stampin Up
Mica - Imagination Creations
Flower Soft - Flower Soft
Glitter - Martha Stewart & Prima
Stamps - Paper Wings Productions
Ink - Prima
Brushes - Prima
Heat Gun - Marvy
Glue - Beacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...