Saturday, October 11, 2014

Scrapbook Saturday "Boo!"

                                Scrapbook Saturday

 A wonderful fall greetings to all!  Kathleen White here  from Talking Papers with a layout to share with you today.










  I am so excited to a guest designer this month for Paper Wings Productions!   Earlier this week I received this kit in the mail from Paper Wings Productions.  I felt like a kid in a candy store as I opened it and so many fun items poured out!  These kits always include the most gorgeous clip art sheets.  When I saw the picture of the  little girl holding a jack-o-lantern I knew I had to create a layout around her!

I just love all the elements in the kit that mix so well with other papers I have.  There are spiders, bats, pumpkins etc in the Halloween confetti,  Plus four 6x6 sheets of pattern paper which I used in this project.
 Layers, my layouts just about always contain lots of layers.  I feel they add more interest for the viewer.  I gathered together a variety of pattern papers that coordinated well together.
Next I  either distress, misted or used different punches on the papers.  If you look closely at the top paper above you will see that I used the skeleton stencil included in the kit to add more design and sparkle to the paper.




 Now I started building my layers finishing with the frame.

 I made a couple of embellishment clusters using the ribbon, confetti and tags.  Viola, we are done!


 Before I leave you I would like to share one more small project I made using Owl Panel clear stamp set.  With my background being such a dark brown color I decided to use a light brown ink for the stamped images.  I was very pleased with the results


Now that the weekend is here make sure you check out all of the awesome projects our talented design team/guest designers have created for you.  Here are some links:  Katie did a fabulous tutorial on copic marker coloring for Tutorial Tuesday here.  The ever delightful Erica made some gorgeous thank you cards for Themed Thursday here.

Thank you for stopping by today and hope you enjoyed my project.   I hope you have been inspired.     You can take a closer look at the kit here.



3 comments:

  1. LOVE your layout! I'ts gorgeous and spooky at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout Kathleen! You really captured Fall and Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout Kathleen! Such a pretty page for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...