Monday, June 2, 2014

Believe in Magic - Fairy Tag


Happy Monday everyone, Norma here with you today!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Did you see the gorgeous NEW Nesting Components kit released yesterday?!  If you love birds then this kit is for you, take a look:


Isn't that beautiful AND it includes one of my very favorite supplies, molding paste.  You also get your choice of the bird panel stamp sets.  BUT WAIT, there is MORE!!   The NEW June stamp and Stamp of the Month have been released.  Here is the link to find out more:  BIRDS.


Okay so now for my project :D Today I have a fun mixed media tag to share you, let's get started.


I began with one of my favorite stamps, the beautiful Fringe Lace stamp.  I achieve this look by stamping and then using a mask over the first stamped image.


Next is another favorite: molding paste.  I love adding texture with molding paste!  Here I'm using it with a stencil.


For subtle color I opted for several shades of Lindy's inks and Distress ink.


I'm using an image from the summer clipart sheet and I added chipboard butterfly wings.


I cut the butterfly in half and then embossed them to add shimmer.


Next I added a handmade flower.  To make a flower like this, punch a circle for the base then wrap trim starting at an edge working your way to the center.  I used white trim and dyed it Lindy's inks.


The sentiment is from the beautiful Dragonfly Fairy stamp set.


Here's a closer look at the gorgeous Fringe Lace.


Thanks so much for joining me today, have a beautiful day!!

PS: Go check out all the NEW stuff in the online store HERE



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Norma. I love the lace stamp, and the lave flower. Am anxiously awaiting the June Blog Hop! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Norma!! Love how you added the wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! what a beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing, thanks for showing the steps!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...