Saturday, April 26, 2014

Goodness Gracious Boy!


Hi everyone, Norma here with you today!  


You know I'm not a real big scrapbooker but I always look forward to doing Scrapbook Saturday.  I have so many pics that I would like to scrapbook.  I think that scrapbooking is such a great way to tell the stories behind photos that might other wise be forgotten.  It's also a fun way to get creative with papers, stamps and paints.  The overall layout not only tells the story of the subject but of the scrapbooker.


I was going through my photos and I came across these great pics of my youngest getting into all sorts of things.  Combined they tell of the story of my sweet and silly boy.


I wanted to create a fun feeling to match my silly boy so I combined several stamps sets.  I used circles from Sacred Geometry (must have set), Hanging Stars, Art Textures, Southern Sayings, A Perfect Alphabet and A Banner Day (40% off this month).


I stamped some of the circles from Sacred Geometry in paint and others in Colorbox ink.  To stamp with paint I added paint to my palette paper then smeared it using a brayer.  Then I just rolled the brayer over my stamp.  If you use paint with your stamps be sure to clean them real good afterwards.  I stamped all of the stars on the Hanging Stars set then outlines some with a white Signo pen (another must have).  The banner and most of "I Love You" are from the A Banner Day set.  I used A Perfect Alphabet for the "I" and "Love You" from A Banner Day.


I used patterned paper and a fabric brad from the Creative Girl Nesting Components kit.  I cut the circles using a punch and scalloped Spellbinders die.  My sentiment "Goodness gracious" is from Southern Sayings.  I just added "boy!" using the A Perfect Alphabet (another great set to have).


To finish off my layout I added a little journaling and a cute quote from my paper stash.  Super easy layout but I think I was able to captured my son's sweet adventurous spirit.  Well friends that's all for today, thank you so much for joining me and enjoy your weekend.  Hugs to you all!!



1 comment:

  1. Very cute Norma! Love what you did with the Sacred Geometry Clear Stamp Set! I have this set and have never got around to using it!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...