Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What's Up Wednesday - Spring!


Hi everyone!  Tara C. here for another edition of What's Up Wednesday!  So what's up? Well, for one Spring is ...supposed to be.  As I write this, we are having ANOTHER snowstorm here in Colorado and really no sign of Spring.  But, I know it's coming and in the meantime, I thought I would share a few Spring decor items I made to get into the mood.


I recently got the 'Flower Power' stamp set from Paper Wings Productions and instantly loved it and have been using using it like crazy!  So many gorgeous flowers in this set and pairing them with bright colors makes them perfect for a sweet wreath and Easter basket.



First, I cut a chipboard circle 3 and 3/4 inches in diameter and about 3/4 inches wide and covered it in white card stock.  All of the flowers were also stamped on the white card stock and I used some small flower dies to cut them out.  They fit pretty nicely and much easier than all that fussy cutting! I then layered and glued all of the flowers to the circle and added a few gems, some sparkly glitter and a bright bow.


The adorable basket is cut with a Papertrey Ink die from white card stock and stamped in the same bright, springy colors. I added scalloped borders, more glitter and gems and some liquid pearls.  I did fussy cut some of the tiny flowers to add in as accents on the basket and the tag.  The cheery sentiment is from the 'Earth & Sky' stamp set.  These would be perfect for place settings at Easter dinner filled with all kinds of sugary goodies!
Hope you enjoyed my little touch of Spring!  Thanks for stopping by and sharing your comments. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and happy Easter!

The Paper Wings Productions supplies used:
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Tara, that really is a great stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects Tara! I'm loving all the bright colored flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous projects!! I love the bright colors and the designs!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Easter basket Tara! Love the fun Spring colors!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...