Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday - Quilted Effect!


Hi everyone!  Tara C. here with a tutorial for your Tuesday!  I have made a few cards with a quilted or grid effect and I always get a lot of questions on how I do it.  Today I will be showing you how easy and simple this technique is.

The supplies you will need for this technique:
-card stock -80 to 110 lb. works the best
-score board and tool (mine is a Martha   Stewart)
-additional items such as stamps, ink and embellishments.













Step 1
Place your card stock at an angle on the score board.  I like to keep a right angle at the top (red triangle) and to keep my card stock at about the same measurements on each side (red arrows).













Step 2
Score the card stock at even intervals.

I have scored here at every 1/2 inch.

Make sure you press firmly to achieve a good indentation.










Step 3
Then turn the card stock 90 degrees and line it up as before at an angle keeping the right angle at the top.

Score again at 1/2 intervals.











This is the pattern you will end up with.  

You can also score wider or more narrow lines depending on your design.













Now for the fun part!  You can choose to stamp or use the side with the indentations you just scored.
























Here I have turned the card stock over and inked up the pushed out lines to really show the effect.


I then stamped right on top of them.

This is my preferred way of showing the quilted technique.








Or you can let the lines shine all on their own and use them as the background of your design!  Here the lines were scored at 1 inch intervals.




There you have it!  I hope you learned a new technique today and that you will show us what you have made using it!  You can always post your creations to our Flickr Group, to Pinterest or to our Facebook Page. To check out the stamps I used in today's projects, please visit the Paper Wings Productions store.

The Paper Wings Productions supplies used:

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome technique!! The results are fabulous!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Tara! I LOVE the quilted effect! Thanks for the tutorial! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Tara and beautiful cards. I love that you showed the "quilted effect" on several different style of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this technique. The purple is magnifique with the pearls and die cut. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tutorial Tara! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...