Thursday, March 7, 2013

Themed Thursday - Happy Easter!

Hello everyone, Norma here with you today!!  Did you guys see Dana's "Faux Paper Casting" technique on Tuesday?!  WOW, she shares the coolest techniques doesn't she!  I'm learning so much from her so if you missed it just click on the link.  ;D

The new Mixed Kit just came out too and it's AWESOME!  Click on the link to check it out: PWP Mar Mixed Media Kit Release



Okay so for today I'm sharing a fun little Easter project that I made using a variety of PWP stamp sets:

     
This cute little project started out as an empty ribbon spool and shoe box lid.  Here's a look at the lid before I cut it up:

I actually intended to make this into a shadow box for my Feb hop project but I just couldn't make it work.  So I set it aside and it just happened to be perfect for this project. ;D  I added some additional layers of green paint, 3-D Enamels flourishes and randomly stamped the Writings Backgrounds Cling Stamp.  Next I cut it down to size creating a nice backdrop for my project.

For the base, I padded the empty spool with foam then covered it with a scrap piece of Debbie Mumm fabric.  On the top, I adhered a piece of white cardstock that I ran through my Cuttlebug to emboss with the Swiss Dots folder and then inked with Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters.

Moving onto the banner, I cut a wooden dowel into two pieces for my "poles" and gave them a light wash of TH Vintage Photo.  I stamped the pennants onto various patterned papers with the Happy Day stamp set.  Next I fussy cut, layered the pennant pieces and highlighted with a white gel pen.  To string my banner, I punched holes and added grommets for a nice finished looked.  I hung the banner on a thin sheer ribbon.

I stamped two sets of the flowers onto pink patterned paper, fussy cut and highlighted with white.  (Tip: highlighting helps create depth on the image.)  After attaching to my "poles", I wrapped pipe cleaners around the poles to soften them a bit and add visual interest.  

 I choose to use a bird from the Bird Melange set and stamped him on yellow patterned paper.  He's topped off with a small crown from the Crowns stamp set.

For the sentiment I used a verse from the Scriptures stamp set and layered it on various pieces of K&Company cardstock die-cuts.

To finish off my scene, I stamped the butterfly wings from the Mini Wings Stamp set on yellow patterned paper and added a little blue coloring with Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  

I cut the banner with my Cricut Stand and Salute Cartridge then stamped "Happy" from the Happy Day stamp set and hand wrote "Easter".  Next I attached ivy, flowers and an Easter egg to finish it off.

That's it friends, I hope you enjoyed my little Easter project!  Thank you so much for stopping by today and for all of the sweet comments you leave me.  I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them.

Have a Beautiful Day :D


10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is amazing!!! Always, always floored by your creations, Norma! Thanks for sharing and hope everyone at PWP has a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Norma! This project is just too cool! I love the little scene that you have created. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!Norma!I had to stop by and ADMIRE this EXQUISTE and very BEAUTIFUL Creation!!WOW...again!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning and beautiful, Norma!! What an amazing scene you've created!! The depth and dimension are fabulous!! Love, love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece of art...love it...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - Stunning, gorgeous so much to take in!! Fabulous my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... is right! Love what you did with the banner and that bird and butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Norma, this is stunning! Love all of the gorgeous details in your works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Norma, this is unbelievable! The layers and dimension is so incredible.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...