Monday, March 25, 2013

Mixed Media Monday - Projects from the March Mixed Media Kit


Happy Monday Peeps-


Carrie here, today I want to share some projects I made with the March Mixed Media Kit.  

First, I made a fairly simple art journal page.  I use the Creative Journal from Ranger for my art journal.  I absolutely love this book.  It has taken LOTS of abuse, and takes all forms of media.  I get it super wet with sprays and heat set it over and over again.  I can't say enough good things about it.  


I started off misting the page some pale sage green spray (sorry I don't remember the name brand) and sprinkling on some walnut ink crystal over the wet spray.  I misted the entire spread with water and let the crystals dissolve.  I opened and closed the book several times to encourage the ink to spread and run together.  

Once the ink was dry, I adhered the resin paper and an image from the clip art sheet that are included in the kit.  I knew right away I wanted to use this sweet image on my page.   


I really love the translucent quality of the resin paper.  You can see the text from the back of the page through the paper.  Next, I trimmed down the chipboard piece from Blue Fern that is in the kit and inked it with the Picket Fence Distress Stain (also included in the kit).  I lightly sprayed the chipboard with a gold iridescent spray.  Once it was dry I adhered it to the page.


I used the Lines Border stamp set from the kit to make a border around the entire spread.   
I picked a quote and stamped out the words with the Upper and Lower Casehttp://stores.paper-wings-productions.com/-strse-178/Funky-Lower-Case-Clear/Detail.bok Funky Alphabet sets with a dark brown ink pad.  Finally, I traced around parts of the letters with a white gel pen.  

The next project I made with the kits is a mini album using the book covers, ribbon, clip art, chipboard, and book pages from the kit.  


I used a Crop-a-Dile tool to punch a hole through the covers and inside pages.  The ribbon was cut in half length wise and used to tie the cover and pages together.


I stamped the music notes in a dark brown ink onto the chipboard.  I used a shell button on the flower part of the chipboard.


I cut out some random words from the book pages in the kit.  My fingers were really messing from playing in my art journal all day, so the works accidentally got some blue ink on them when I was gluing them on the picture.  I also added a little bit of one of the sparkly Stickles to the wand.



I hope you enjoyed my projects today.  I really love this month's kit.  It was a lot of fun to play with and I STILL have plenty of stuff left over to use.  Here's another look at the kit.  They are going fast, order your's today before they are gone!


Enjoy the flight!
Carrie

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects! I especially love the art journal pages- they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are so gorgeous and inspiring!! I love the journal pages!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects Carrie, they all turned out gorgeous and this kit is Ah-mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration, Carrie! Your ideas are always so beautiful. I'm so glad I got the kit, and looking forward to adding a page to my journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work! I LOVE the stamped border. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art journal is just beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...