Friday, March 15, 2013

Feature Friday - March Mixed Media Kit

Happy Friday Everyone!  Today I'd like to feature the new March Mixed Media kit.  Have you seen this kit yet?!  It's really beautiful, take a look:


Isn't that a great kit?! Okay now let me show you what I made with it:

This is a 10x10 canvas and that cute little girl is my big sister, isn't she cute.  I started out by cutting out the center of the book cover to use as a frame for my photo.  Next I applyed some cream paint to the canvas and transferred the book text.  

I layered the pages of book text with the library cards and fussy cut the birds from the sheet of digital images.

Next I bent the Blue Fern chippie, white washed with the Tim Holtz Distress Stain and embossed.  I also slit the twill ribbon in half to create the banner.

Then I added some buttons from my stash here and there.

Finally I applied raw umber and purple paint to the edges and the Prima flower.  I love the way this turned out and I still have so much stuff left in my kit to create other beautiful projects.  So stay tuned for more Mixed Media kit inspiration!!

For all the details on this kit or to purchase, please visit the Paper Wings Productions Online Store. Thank you so much for joining me today and have a wonderful day!!





15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous canvas! I love the way your framed the photo. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful job you did with this kit, Norma! This is really a memento that will last a life time. Gorgeous work..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Norma! Would never have thought of turning the book cover into a frame. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas, love all the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazingly delightful and beautiful canvas. The picture of your sister is adorable and lovingly showcased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous canvas!! The design is so beautiful and I love how you embellished it!! The picture is adorable!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job, I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous canvas - adorable picture and love the colours and embellishments. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very BEAUTIFUL,Norma!!Your sisters photo is ADORABLE!!
    Pretty colors and embellishments!!AMAZING as ALWAYS!!!
    Have a Wonderful Friday my friend,
    Midgalia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the colors and all the flowers and embellishments are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Norma your layout is gorgeous! Love the embellishment cluster. Fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL!!! So much gorgeous detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful canvas, I love Norma's creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great way to use these products Norma! I would never have thought to use the book cover in such a way. So creative.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...