Friday, December 28, 2012

Feature Friday is Tagalicious!

Happy Friday Everyone, Norma G. here with a little inspiration to kick off the weekend!!  That's right its.. 
Are you ready for the weekend?!  I know I am!!  Today I have a gorgeous tag to share with you worthy of ANY New Year's celebration.


This bird would look great draped over any bottle you're taking to your New Year's celebrations.

To make this tag, I started out with a #8 size manila tag and stamped it with the beautiful Starburst background stamp from the PWP Backgrounds Cling Stamp Set.  I stamped this multiple times with Gesso and Timber Brown Stazon.  Next I spritz on some Lemon Zest Dylusions ink and inked it with Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Ink.

I used the PWP Bird Lyrics Cling Stamp for my focal image.  When I saw this beautiful bird with his awesome top hat, he screamed New Year's Celebration to me, lol.   I decided to cover his original sentiment of "I'll be your bird" with "Happy New Year's" from the Holiday Greetings Cling Stamp Set.

For visual interest,  I used the Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge to cut out a snowflake.  The snowflake was cut at 4" and was dry embossed using the Tim Holtz Patchwork embossing folder.  Next I rubbed on some TH Distressed ink in Peeled Paint.

  The banner I used was cut with the Cricut Stand & Salute cartridge.  It's cut at 1" and inked with TH Peeled Paint.  The rose was cut with Spellbinders Blossom One.

I tucked in some glittered miniature snowflakes, Prima bling and used a beautiful sheer gold ribbon.  To finish off the composition, I stamped some of the birds from the Bird Melange Cling Stamp Set, and there you have it......Birds ready to ring in the new year!!

Whatever plans you have, I hope you have an incredible time with ALL of your loved ones!!  Thank you so much for sharing a little piece of your day with us today and I hope you'll continue to join us in the new year!  We have so many wonderful things in store for you in 2013!!

  Oh Hey, did you see the DT announcement last week introducing our new DT sisters?  I'm so excited to have them joining us and can't wait to see ALL of the beautiful projects they have coming up!  Trust me when I tell you, you are not gonna wanna miss their posts.  We are gonna be kicking things off with a "Friendship" themed blog hop on January 4th 2013, so MARK YOU CALENDERS & tell your friends!!!!  Thanks again for joining us today, HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous tag!! The background is fabulous!! And all of the embellishments you added are so beautiful!! Love it, Norma!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. norma, as always this is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Norma! I am so inspired now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it sooo much! The background is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!Gorgeous & Elegant!!A Stunning tag!
    Have a wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norma - this tag is so stunning. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this is gorgeous! Love the colors and that background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome tag! I love all the layers and the background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Norma, that is an unbelievable tag! I love the many layers, details and shimmer.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...