Friday, August 31, 2012

Feature Friday- 8/31 Guest Artist Norma G

Hello there peeps,

Today we feature another great project from Norma G over at Little Honey Bee Studios.  Enjoy!



Hello, Hello Friends! 

Norma G. here and I'm back with a Day of the Dead tag.  Now I have to tell you, I was very excited when I first saw all of the awesome Day of the Day PWP stamp sets.  In fact I might have even squealed just a little, lol.  I'd never seen any stamps with these types of designs before and although I'd never made anything related to Day of the Dead before, I just had to have them.  So I'm excited to share what I came up with, this is my Day of the Dead tag:



Let's get to work shall we!

I started out with a size 8 manila tag and inked it up with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean.  Next I randomly stamped the flowers from the Muertos Stamp Set and the fairy tile from the Mélange 3 Stamp Set.  I outlined some of the flowers with a white pen to help them stand out a bit against the dark background.  Then I added several ribbons to the tag and adhered two rows of black lace to the bottom of the tag.  To finish off the background I inked the edges with Golden Fluid Acrylic in Cobalt Teal and then inked it with TH Distress Ink in Black Soot.


Next I used my Cricut to cut out a frame.  This is “frame 1” from the Sentimentals Cartridge.  I cut a piece of black cardstock at 4.5" using the shadow feature.  Then cut the frame again in yellow cardstock to layer on the shadow.  Before adhering the yellow frame, I ran it through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder and inked it with TH Vintage Photo (inking helps the embossing to show up better).  Once it was all inked up, I attached it to the tag.


For the focal point, I choose a stamp from the Skeleton Couples Stamp Set.  I stamped it on a scrap of white cardstock, colored it in with oil pastels and doodled a border with a Faber Castell marker.  Next I cut a little piece of cardboard and peeled off the top layer to expose the corrugated ridges and inked it with Cobalt Teal.  When I was happy with all of the coloring, I attached it to the tag.





I colored in the doodled flowers and stamped image with a white pen.


Time to finish this off!!

I used a double heart fabric appliqué from Tattoo, Inc. and tucked in some black lace.  The black flower is by Paper Studio and I inked the edges with Golden Fluid Acrylic in Primary Magenta, highlighted the inner petals with Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic in Indian Yellow and added a gem to the center. 
I made the beautiful rose with Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One.  I cut the rose out of some red rose pattered paper, inked the edges in TH Vintage Photo and spritzed it with ART-C Copper & Red Glimmer Mists.  I tucked in a little flower painted in Indian Yellow to help balance out the yellow frame.
I made the stick pin using a red tipped pin by Industrial Chic by Susan Lenart Kazmer and various Bead Treasures glass beads.


For the final finishing touches, I hand wrote "mi amor" with a white pen on black cardstock, cut and attached.  


The heart charm is a little treasure I found at a local flea market :D



 This project was so some fun to make and it was actually my first time making a tag.  I'll definitely gonna be making some more soon! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  We'd love to hear what you think, so don't be shy :D 

Have a Wonderful Day!!


4 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...