Monday, July 9, 2012

Mixed Media Monday


Hey there peeps!
Today I have a fun and fast project for you.  For this project, I have stamped onto an adhesive backed sheet of metal foil.  Ranger packages it a couple of different ways.  It can be found at your local craft store, but better yet, get it from an independent store such as Stamp Antonio.  I made the centerpiece for this card with the metal foil and mounted it onto a card.




 Here's how I made the centerpiece:
I started off mounting a square of the metal foil sheets onto a square of chipboard (thick cardboard).  I stamped the bird from the Bird Melange set and a crown from Royal Melange set using the Staz On ink pad.






I also stamped around the edges of the metal foil piece with some swirls from the Flourish Fun set.  After letting the ink dry, I took an awl (lots of things could be used...a stylus, old ball point pen, anything with a pointed edge) and drew over the stamped swirl images.



I continued to doodle and embellish the metal with the awl, creating hatch marks and creating small dots.



I glued Tim Holtz's tissue paper to the card after first crumpling it up and then smoothing it out before adhering.  

I used the words "come fly with me" from the Bird Melange set and edged the bottom of the card with the Scallop border set.  The solid scallop border was inked with a silver dabber and the outline was stamped using Staz On ink.  










I hope you have enjoyed our mixed media Monday project!

Enjoy the flight!
Carrie


Stamps: Bird Melange, Royal Melange
Ink: Black Staz On from Tsukineko
Cardstock: white square 6" card
Other: 
Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap
Silver Paint Dabber
Metal Foil Sheet
Chipboard
awl

3 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...