Friday, April 13, 2012

Introduction to Liz Allen

Dear peeps,

If you haven't already encountered Liz Allen of Fine & Fancy, you are in for a treat.  Liz Allen is a woman of boundless talent and heart.  She makes life sparkle with prettiness and happy thoughts.  She is also a master at making art that is uniquely her own and dazzling.  She's a warm and giving teacher with a wealth of knowledge and experience with stamping and other arts and crafts.  We are lucky enough to have her as our special designer, our Artist in Flight.  You are going to love her, just as we do! 

How would you like to learn more about Ms. Liz?  Here are her answers to the 10 Things Questionnaire. Her answers are in black:

One of your favorite books from childhood?
The Little House on the Prairie Series…I used to check them out over and over from the library at my elementary school. J

Two trends that you will never stop loving no matter how wrong?
I will always love urban, shabby and eclectic…I love to mix the old and the new.

Three of your roles in life?
Sister*Aunt*Friend

Four of your favorite art tools?
1) Needle and Thread, 2) ALL my coloring mediums like Caran d’ache crayons, acrylic paint, Prisma pencils and gamsol, dye ink, etc., 3) my fingers because they are the ABSOLUTE PERFECT tool to paint, smudge, tear, hold, pinch, tie, and dotdotdot, and 4) of course anything sparkly.

Five places you want to visit?
The Swiss Alps, The Amalfi Coast, Bali, Paris, and Australia

Six sources of inspiration?
TOO many to list because I get inspiration from EVERYWHERE and EVERYONE

Seven people that you wish to thank?
YIKES!!!  I am not so good with numbers so I will list some of the many many people that have made an impact on my life.  First of all, I would like to thank God. Everything that I am and have is because of His love, grace, and sacrifice. Next, I would like to thank my Mom and Dad…they were the absolute GREATEST parents ever and made sure that my sisters and I had the very BEST of everything…dancing, swimming, ballet, clarinet, piano lessons, nice clothes to wear, ALWAYS a hot meal on the table, and the list goes on and on. And of course I can’t forget my sisters, my brothers-n-law and my wonderful nephews…IN a word they are just plain AWESOME. I also have my aunt and her sons and their wives (which are really more brothers and sisters than cousins) that have been extra special family members. AND lastly but NOT leastly are my friends. I TRULY have the BEST friends IN THE WORLD. I have lived in many places, but not a day goes by that I don’t have a happy memory of a friend, or a family member or SOMEONE that has changed by life. I am truly blessed…

Eight totally random bits of information:
1.           Do you like silence, listen to music or watch something as you create?
Depends on what I’m working on…but if it is music, the louder the better (hahah)
2.           Do you cook?
LoveLoveLove to cook AND bake and try new recipes. And I love it even better if it tastes good (hahah)---Guinea Pigs WANTED to try new recipes!!!
3.           Velma, Fred, Daphne, Shaggy or Scooby?
That would be Scooby…if only because he has a cool name.
4.           If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
I wish I could have the power to help everyone that needs help and put a smile on their face and help them to know AND believe that there is ALWAYS someone who loves them and is glad that they are around.
5.           A book you would like to live in?
I would want to be Ms. Scarlett in Gone With the Wind so I could have a 19 inch waist and wear all of her pretty dresses.
6.           How many pets?
None, just my adopted BFF (Brown Furry Friend) Jake who belongs to my sister Penny. He gives UNCONDITIONAL love and loves me just the way I am.
7.           What talent do you wish you had?
Singing of course (but that doesn’t stop me from singing at the top of my lungs when I am in the car…(alone to protect the innocent ;)
8.           Who do you wish would decorate your house?
I LOVE to decorate myself but if I could get help and the sky was the limit I would pick Genevieve Gorder or Candice Olsen to decorate and David Bromstedt to paint me one of him fabulous pieces of art.

Nine items on or in your desk/worktable?
EVERYTHING! You name it and it is on my table. My studio is a work/disaster in progress so I surround myself with all my little art toys that make me so happy.

Ten colors you could not live without?
I am a VERY monochromatic kind of gal but I do love aqua, any shade of green and pink, vanilla, chocolate brown, white, black, crimson red, pale butter yellow, Kraft brown, and periwinkle blue. (Okay, so maybe I can’t count…)

Now you now just a smidgen about me…Hope to get to know all of you better tooooooo!!!    XoXo liz

Let's give you a shimmering wisp of what Liz has made with Paper Wings Productions stamps. 

This tag she whipped up at my make and take table during the Launch Party in March.  She awed us all with how with some simple supplies like ink, colored pencils and stickles, Paper Wings Productions stamps and her cleverness she created this beauty complete with a window to another layer.  Yes, that is her own handwriting and yes, we will be seeing more of it. ;-)

Stamps used: Flourish Fun, Let's Eat Cake, Milagros and Day Framer

Be sure to check back for more posts featuring the delightful art of Liz Allen.  You haven't seen anything yet! 

Take flight,
Shay.

1 comment:

  1. Lizzie--you always inspire me! Love your tag, and can't wait for more of your samples, and your word stamps.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...